Paranormal Activity

Ghosts! This is a topic which I guess intrigues almost everyone! Parapsychology is a very controversial field in psychology. A lot of people dismiss talks about supernatural forces, ghost etc saying that there are no scientific proofs for any of these. But these same people believe in stuff like astrology and horoscopes. Isn't it absolutely weird? We tend to believe in anything which may have a positive influence on us, even if it could be false. I have heard several stories about ghosts particularly when I used to live in hostel during my college days. Apparently, my hostel was built on a land which used to be a graveyard earlier. As a kid I used to be absolutely scared of watching horror movies. But then as I grew up, as weird as it sounds, to get rid of my fear of horror movies, I actually started watching more horror movies and mostly alone. As I watched more and more, at one point, I started finding these horror movies to be funny than scary. Even as I am writing this, I am actually watching a horror flick.

Today I heard about this movie called Paranormal Activity, currently being claimed to be one of the scariest movies ever made. Lets see if I would watch it sometime. I think the success of a horror movie lies in the element of fear created in the movie. A horror movie doesn't need to be gory in order to be scary. Movies like Grudge are much more scary as compared to movies like Evil dead or The exorcist. Apparently Paranormal Activity is not a gory movie, but is very scary. Someday when I take psychology seriously, one of my fantasies is to research in the field of parapsychology.